Its interesting to know How to Play Minecraft On Oculus Quest 2. Minecraft game provides an immersive experience, especially when you get lost in a boundless blocky world. But you can get total immersion if you can play the game in virtual reality (VR). A game with basic graphics and a first-person view, Minecraft is a perfect match for virtual reality, especially if you have one of the best headsets – Oculus Quest 2.
Oculus Quest 2 is a popular standalone VR device that offers wireless connection to a console and or computer. It allows players to immerse in the virtual worlds fully and experience a new and unique manner.
What types of Minecraft VR are on Oculus Quest 2?
Currently, two kinds of Minecraft are available on Meta’s Oculus Quest 2 VR headset – Minecraft VR and Minecraft VR Windows 10 Edition. The Windows 10 edition is the newer version of the game available on the Windows 10 online store. There aren’t a lot of differences between the two types of Minecraft as both versions offer similar gameplay. But the Windows 10 Edition has additional features like access to the Minecraft Marketplace and cross-platform play.
How to Play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2
To enjoy Minecraft on your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset, follow the steps below:
- Buy Minecraft VR from the official Minecraft site or the Oculus Store.
- After buying the game, download and install it onto your Quest 2 VR headset.
- To begin playing Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2, use the left joystick on the controller. The left joystick enables gamers to move their head or look around, while the right is for building and mining the game.
- Click the X button on the touch controller to open inventory and access game items.
- Use the trigger button to select the items.
- The menu button is for accessing the game menu.
- After familiarizing yourself with the game controls, it is now time to begin building, exploring, and surviving in the vast world of the game.
Note that you can connect Oculus Quest 2 to your PC or TV and play the game there, but you will need to read the steps for connecting Quest 2 to your computer or TV. With the steps highlighted above, you can now play Minecraft on Oculus Quest2 and fully immerse in the world of the game.
Using the headset’s controllers, you can move or look around, build, and mine the content you want. To exit the game, click the Oculus button and press “Quit app” to go back to the Oculus Link screen. There is an edition of the game that doesn’t have native support for virtual reality – Minecraft Java Edition. So if you want to play it on Oculus Quest 2, you will need additional tools like Vivecraft as well as Virtual Desktop.
Step to Play Minecraft Java Edition on Oculus Quest 2
To play Minecraft Java edition on Oculus Quest 2, follow the steps below:
- Download and install Steam VR
- Install Vivecraft onto your Quest 2 VR
- When installing Vivecraft, be sure to set aside at least 50% of your RAM for Minecraft VR
- Install and launch Virtual Desktop
- Connect Oculus Quest 2 with your PC using USB 3.0
- Launch Steam VR
- Initiate Minecraft Launcher
- Choose Vivecraft as your profile then go into Minecraft virtual reality
Why play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2
Playing Minecraft on your Oculus Quest 2 offers numerous immersive experiences that you would otherwise not enjoy. Here are a few reasons why you should play this game in VR headset:
Oculus Quest 2 allows you to explore the Minecraft world in 3D, offering a more intuitive and immersive way to enjoy the surroundings. You can look around, below and above, giving you the capability to discover hidden landscapes, resources, and caves.
The headsets add a whole new level of immersion to the game. Rather than playing on a flat screen of your PC or TV, you can feel like you are inside the game world. The sense of depth, scale, and spatial awareness enriches the gaming experience.
Playing Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2 VR enables you to use your controllers and hands to interact with the game world. The hands-on experience makes the gameplay more engaging and intuitive. It is like you are physically crafting items and placing blocks.
Minecraft on the Quest 2 VR supports multiplayer gameplay, letting you interact with fellow gamers in a shared virtual world. Collaborate on exploring the Minecraft world, building projects and exchanging creativity.